$15,000 – $30,000 | 0.0% – 2.0%
You will work closely with the leadership team to design, develop, and maintain the end-to-end components of our web application. The role requires a great eye for design and attention to detail while building delightful user interactions.
- Translate designs into a functional UI using HTML, and CSS and develop web pages with React
- Develop React components and templates for web applications
- Develop APIs to interact with external data sources to provide data for the app
- Knowledge of designing/wireframing tools like Figma
- Write clean code that is easy to maintain by following best practices
- Implement security measures as needed to keep data safe
- Write unit tests for all new code
- Refactor existing code where necessary
- Troubleshoot bugs in the codebase or issues with third-party services
- Participate in code reviews as appropriate
- Minimum 5 years experience as a full-stack engineer
- Comfortable with various frameworks
- Startups exposure is preferred
- Must be able to show examples of past projects
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, and problem-solver
- Comfortable with long working hours and fast-paced culture
- We want leaders who are independent contributors and love challenges
Make sure you have read the company overview and culture.
To apply for this position, please complete the following task and submit your outputs in the form at the bottom of this page.
Using any open-source framework and UI library/design of your choice, build a minimal but playful drag & drop editor with the following functionality:
- use email/password auth to sign-up/login to account
- show a list of pages once authenticated (show an empty state message if no pages to display)
- show "create page" button which should open a blank editor in a dialog view (not as a new page)
- the editor should support rich text with drag & drop functionality
- allow users to save the page so it shows up in the list of pages
You can use any of these references as a starting point and check out Notion for inspiration.
- the functionality of the final output
- look and feel of the UI/UX
- code architecture and readability
- modular programming
- language proficiency
- completeness (No errors, no rough edges, default messages for empty places)
- brownie points for adding slash "/" command functionality in the editor
Server-side: Node.js, Postgres.
Hosting: Heroku, Glitch, Vercel, etc.